[Last Updated : 8 Sepetmber, 2021 @ 13:55]
New Zealand has currently enacted COVID-19 Alert Level 4 Restrictions for Auckland and Level 2 Restrictions elsewhere. As a result:
- Masses will be open to the public in Whanganui, and all of our other chapels South of Auckland.
- St Anthony's School and St Dominic's College are open as usual, and all students must attend unless excused.
- More specifically:
- In Whanganui :
- There is a 50 person limit (per defined area in the church) to Masses, except for school ceremonies (which are limited to students, staff, and up to 50 relatives),
- The weekday and Saturday schedule is as normal, with an extra 7 a.m. Mass on Saturday:
- Monday & Wednesday : Mass @ 6:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m., & 11:25 a.m.
- Tuesday & Friday : Mass @ 6:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m., & 11:05 a.m.
- Thursday : Mass @ 6:00 a.m., 7:00 a.m., & 6:00 p.m.; All Day Adoration from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Benediction @ 5:30 p.m.)
- Sunday Masses
- Low Masses for the faithful : 6:00 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.
- Sung Mass for the school : 9:00 a.m. (n.b. this Mass is restricted to students, staff, and a limited number of parents of students)
- All faithful must register for a Mass and attend that Mass, to keep attendance under the legal cap.
- We apoligise for the inconvenience of this, and thank you for your help.
- In Auckland :
- Until travel is possible, the priest cannot come to Auckland, and so there can be no public Masses.
- In the event of a Sacramental Emergency, contact the Priory, and we will try to arrange what we can.
- In Wellington (Tawa) :
- Masses resume as normal beginning on Friday, 10 September. Contact Fr Johnson or the chapel for details.
In Hamilton and Whangarei and other mission chapels :
Hamilton will be served at the usual time beginning on Sunday, 19 September.
Because of the barrier to travel and distance to Whangarei, there is no Mass on Sunday, 12 September.
New Plymouth will be served on the morning of Sunday, 12 September, but a time is not yet set. Contact Fr Laisney or the priory for details.
- In Whanganui :
- We will LiveStream Sunday Masses, and others Masses when possible from St Anthony's Church.
For more information, please contact the Priory ([email protected] or +64 6-344 3814)