Name: Marcel Lefebvre Youth Group
Motto: Prayer, study and action
Spirit of the Youth Group: The spirit of the Youth Group is a friendly and welcoming social group that will help strengthen the faith and morale of youth. Members will follow the example of our patron Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and will uphold and defend with pride traditional Catholic Church teachings. In doing so the group will be guided by the three principles stated by Pope Pius X regarding Catholic action “Prayer, study and action. Prayer, one may say, envelopes study according to the principles of the Catholic religion, and then comes the action that is commanded by prayer and study.” (Archbishop Lefebvre comments on the Papal Encyclicals, 1997).
To strengthen and consolidate the Catholic Faith amongst the youth.
To increase a Catholic community spirit amongst the youth.
To offer practical help to the priests and the needy of the Parish in the spirit of Charity.
Means by which the Aims are achieved:
A monthly event which may have either a spiritual, charitable or a social focus.
By encouraging and promoting attendance at Parish devotions i.e Benediction, Holy Hours, Catechism, Weekday Mass.
By encouraging youth to socialise within the Parish circle and by welcoming young newcomers of the Parish.
By encouraging charitable works ie. volunteering within the Parish.
Members are Catholics who attend a Catholic Mass at an SSPX chapel on a weekly basis, are aged 18 or over and who are single.
16+ will be allowed to attend certain events only at the permission of the Parish Priest and President.
It is the duty of each member to read and understand all rules of the Youth Group.
Expectations include obeying rules and behaving appropriately at all Youth Group endorsed events.
- All members are expected to recite the "Come Holy Ghost" prayer and the "St. Michael" prayer daily for the intentions of all Youth Group members.
- Attendance at all monthly events is assumed.
- The Youth Group name cannot be used to endorse, promote or advertise without express permission from the President.
- The Youth Group is primarily a spiritual organisation and as such does not support any political party or political viewpoint.
- Members are allowed to create social events for the Youth Group or advertise requests for prayers through the Youth Group only with the permission of the President.
- Reminders and encouragement to attend Parish devotions can only be published on a Youth Group platform by the President or person nominated by the president to do so.
Members of the leadership are to meet once a month to discuss Youth Group matters. While the Priest is welcome to attend he is not obliged to attend these meetings.
- Priest: The Youth Group is under the direct supervision of a priest designated by the Prior of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Oxley.
- President: The president is a volunteer who is accepted by the priest to run the Youth Group.
- Vice President: Assists the president with his duties. In charge of the membership base.
- Secretary: Ensures the monthly meeting runs smoothly and takes minutes of the meeting.
- Treasurer: Handles all money that is received by the Youth Group.
- Assistant Treasurer: Assists with the budget for youth group events. Main organiser for fundraising and event planning under the direction of the president.
- Liaison Officer: Establishes contact with persons in need that can be assisted by the Youth Group.
- Marketing Officer: Assists with the promotion of the Youth Group.
- Assistants: Assistants are volunteers selected from the membership of the group to develop responsibility and leadership among the members. Other adult assistants who are not members may be appointed as required. Assistants do not attend the leadership meeting unless requested to do so and can be under the age of 18.
‘Youth Group’ - refers to the Marcel Lefebvre Youth Group only.
‘Priest’ - refers to the priest designated by the prior of Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Oxley only.
‘Parish’ - refers to Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Oxley only.
‘Single’ - refers to an unmarried person and includes those persons who are dating or engaged.
‘Devotions’ - Mass, Rosary, Benediction, Holy Hours, Catechism, and any other devotion that is held at the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Oxley only.
‘Religious reading’ - refers to religious reading that is approved by the priest only.
‘President’ - Refers to the president that is in charge of the Youth Group under the guidance and direction of the appointed priest.
‘Assistants’ - a person or people who have volunteered and been accepted by the president or designated by the president to assist in events that require more organisation e.g. coordinating a trivia night with aspects such as catering, finance, venue etc. The assistants are to help the president as long as needed for the specific event in question and no longer.
‘Prayer to Saint Michael’ - Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
‘Holy Ghost Prayer’- Come Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and kindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created. And Thou shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Ghost, didst instruct the hearts of Thy faithful, grant that by the same Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations,
Through Christ Our Lord. Amen.